Thursday, August 25, 2011

Unopposed: the game that likes to be revisited

I think that everyone has a project that is never finished (Star Wars anyone? Which needs to be finished might I add...) and mine is Unopposed. I believe I was inspired by a card from the Battletech CCG when I was younger, in addition to the wonderfully brutal war scenarios my cousin, Bo, would come up with when he babysat me. I think he had seen the opening sequence of Total Recall one too many times....


Here is some cover art...



...and some possible board game pieces.

I prefer cover art that has a great deal of energy and makes you feel like you're in the center of battle. Frank Frazetta was great at this, portraying characters with dynamic and heroic poses- often times outnumbered and in danger. I like how this piece makes you feel like you are in a totally alien and hostile world, where death is everywhere and even the people look like cold, merciless, machines.

-Patrick


©2011 Patrick Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment